Called to the Bar: 1991
- B.A.(Hons) LAW(1970-1973) Kingston Polytechnic.
- LL.M.(with distinction) Law and Employment Relations (1996-1999) University of Leicester.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Lecturer in labour law and legal theory, Leicester Polytechnic 1974-1980.
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court, 1983-1991.
- Barrister with New Street Chambers, Leicester 1991-2006.
- Associate Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Leicester 1999 to present and currently lecturing on the LLM Employment Law programme.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
David Monk deals with all aspects of Employment Law, including advocacy before the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal, and compromise agreements. He also deals with licensing, particularly shotgun and firearm certificate appeals. He also attends other Tribunals and Enquiries including Police Disciplinary Hearings and Inquests.
Conversational French and Spanish.
Classic English motorcycles and cars, cooking.